Friday, July 29, 2011

100 F in the Shade: Summer Heat and Our Gardens

It's hovering around 100 degrees F today and over the next couple of days. Has anyone managed to work in our garden this past week? I came back from vacation and found my own garden hard hit by the summer heat, and I am thinking I can only tend it very, very early in the morning. We've had some serious heat advisories, so everyone should take care and work very early and stay well hydrated.

And here's a question:  my cucumbers (in home garden) are very very pale green, almost whitish in color. Anyone know the reason for that and how to correct it?

Let's hear what YOU are doing to save your garden from this intense heat.

Oh, and don't forget to put out water for the birds and garden friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment